I was just trying out a sample project on OCR. I got it from gitHub link. I added the applicationId and password and when I execute it, it gets crashed as the token is empty. This is the point where its crashing.

NSString *installationId = [responseDictionary valueForKey:@"authToken"];

[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] setObject:installationId forKey:kOCRSDKInstallationId]; NSParameterAssert(self.installationId);

I cant figure out what I am doing wrong here. Please help

asked 20 Jun '13, 15:53

meera%20j%20pai's gravatar image

meera j pai

What could be the reason for this? Should i have to be a paid user to be authenticated?? I just wanted to have a free trial first. Thanks in advance....

(24 Jun '13, 09:40) meera j pai

According to this question in ABBYY Forum http://forum.ocrsdk.com/questions/1042/cant-find-application-id-abbyy_appid there is another hex value for applicationId which doesn't come in the email from ABBYY on registering the app. Its visible in the HTML content of the website. And on replacing this I don't get the crash instead I get 401 error. Now i don't get whats wrong here? Any guess why its happening so?? Thanks in advance.

(24 Jun '13, 10:59) meera j pai

Hi,

there seems to be a problem in the iOS example. It's trying to activate an 'installationId' before submitting the HTTP requests which IMHO is not necessary.

Change the method

activateInstallationWithDeviceId in ocrsdk.com/iOS/Pods/OCRSDKClient/OCRSDKClient/OCRSDKClient.m:82

to:

https://gist.github.com/tompie/df31c5ecaeb42cedb483

and it should work.

Cheers,

Thomas

link

answered 29 Jun '13, 11:19

TomPie's gravatar image

TomPie

Thank you for the solution! The developers confirmed it is a bug. The sample code should be fixed this week.

(01 Jul '13, 15:52) Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Dear Meera,

We apologize for the long delay.

1) According to the logs of your account, you have registered two applications: "OCRTestDemo" and "CharacterReaderDemo". Only the first one has available pages for the recognition for free. Could you please clarify, if the error occurs when ApplicationID="OCRTestDemo"?

2) As I see from your post on Stackoverflow, you use iOS. Have you followed the instructions to run the sample?

Thank you for the answers.

link

answered 28 Jun '13, 12:29

Anastasia%20Galimova's gravatar image

Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×158

Asked: 20 Jun '13, 15:53

Seen: 1,775 times

Last updated: 01 Jul '13, 15:52

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal