Hello,

I'm using the PHP sample code to convert an image uploaded on my website, and it works well.

Now I'd like to display the result in a <textarea> (instead of exporting it into a file), so that the user can modify it. Is this possible ?

If so, how can I do it ? Is there a way to do this that would keep the formatting of the text ? (maybe using <xml> export, to keep the bold/italic/underlined format of the text ?)

Thanx for your help, Best regards.

asked 16 Oct '13, 22:38

Jdpmel's gravatar image

Jdpmel

edited 16 Oct '13, 22:39

You could use the export to XML. After document processing you may extract the text by their coordinates from output XML-file. Unfortunately the XML format does not support the bold/italic/underlined format.

If you are going to developer the web-service please pay attention to the 3.1(а) point of "ABBYY CLOUD OCR SDK DEVELOPER AGREEMENT": "You will not, and will not permit or authorize third parties to: (a) provide on-line services, whether commercial or non-commercial, through the use of the Service and providing the similar functionality as the Service or as ABBYY FineReader Online has to any third party via global network (Internet) without prior written consent of ABBYY;" ( http://ocrsdk.com/developer-agreement/ )

So the mentioned restriction (not to provide online service using ABBYY SDK) will be applied only if you are going to develop online service providing OCR functionality as its major functionality (in that way competing with FineReader Online service).

link

answered 22 Oct '13, 16:25

SDK_support's gravatar image

SDK_support ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×33
×6

Asked: 16 Oct '13, 22:38

Seen: 1,591 times

Last updated: 22 Oct '13, 16:25

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal