We have been using this service for some time to parse and it used to be fine, but now we are seeing that our source image has not changed by the resulting text is now wrong.

$7704654.6 is coming out as 57704654.6

But in the same image a few lines later

$2844.6 is coming out as $2844.6 (i.e. correct)

Basically this is making this service unusable for us.

As this is a black box solution, what can we do?

asked 07 Nov '13, 09:59

Philsmy's gravatar image

Philsmy

Is it possible to use the regular expression http://ocrsdk.com/documentation/apireference/processTextField/? Could you send the image you recognize and the settings you use to CloudOCRSDK@abbyy.com to let us investigate the issue?

(07 Nov '13, 16:32) Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Thank you for the files!

Unfortunately, it’s a bug in our technologies. We have created a reclamation, but unfortunately it could not be fixed in the next 6 months. Probably it occurs due to too small image resolution (72 dpi, while the recommended one is 300 dpi for the normal font size).

We can suggest the following solution: select the price as a separate block (without “0” before) and specify the first symbol directly using the regular expression “$[0-9,.]+”.

The other way is to exclude the first symbol (“5” or “$”) from the blocks with prices on your side.

link

answered 10 Nov '13, 00:57

Anastasia%20Galimova's gravatar image

Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Of course the easy thing is option 2 - just take the whole string and always chop off the first character! If it is a $ or a 5 I don't care. I need the number.

But please fix it if you can ;-) I am sure that LOTS of your customers are parsing images from the web and those are usually 72dpi.

Thanks

(10 Nov '13, 10:07) Philsmy
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×3
×2

Asked: 07 Nov '13, 09:59

Seen: 554 times

Last updated: 10 Nov '13, 10:07

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal