I have about 20,000 photos (not scans) of old log files containing tables of information written using a typewriter that I am attempting to convert into text. I have ABBYY Finereader corporate Edition 11 OCR software that works to an extent, but it would be much better if I could align all of the important borders in the log files in the exact same way. Since the files were only able to be photographed and not scanned, the important information in each image varies in position. This causes weird formatting errors in the ABBYY output since I am trying to convert them to an excel spreadsheet. Do you know of a way to use ABBYY Corporate Edition to basically analyze table borders and mass crop each image so the relevant information is the only thing showing in the image? Thanks for the help.

asked 06 Dec '13, 23:05

kbalouse's gravatar image

kbalouse

Dear Sir, ABBYY Technical Support will be happy to provide detailed instructions if you send several images in questions to support@abbyy.com reffering to this post.

link

answered 09 Dec '13, 16:50

Nadya%20Ivanova's gravatar image

Nadya Ivanova

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×16

Asked: 06 Dec '13, 23:05

Seen: 1,593 times

Last updated: 09 Dec '13, 16:50

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal