I want to extract text from Images. For example if I give image as shown here : link text

Then what I expect in result is plain text : Congratulations to BMW for Winning World Car of the Year 2006 From the Winner of Six Consecutive Le Mans 24 Hour Races 2000-2006 and not the file containing text tags. Is it possible ?

asked 19 Aug '14, 18:49

Preeta's gravatar image

Preeta

Could you please specify what product do you use? And specify also please: you need to get result exported in a txt file, is it right?

(21 Aug '14, 19:48) SDK_support ♦♦

The application that we are building requires that we extract text from display advertisements.

We are currently evaluating vendors that can give us text from the image.We used ABBYY's APIs(namely processImage and getTaskStatus) for evaluation.The API dumps a .result file in response.What we want is plain text / json response.

Say , If I submit the image mentioned in the question what I expect in the response is a string : Congratulations to BMW for Winning World Car of the Year 2006 From the Winner of Six Consecutive Le Mans 24 Hour Races 2000-2006

Is it possible?

(22 Aug '14, 12:39) Preeta

Hi SDK_support,

Firstly thanks for the reply.

The application that we are building requires that we extract text from display advertisements.

We are currently evaluating vendors that can give us text from the image.We used ABBYY's APIs(namely processImage and getTaskStatus) for evaluation.The API dumps a .result file in response.What we want is plain text / json response.

Say , If I submit the image mentioned in the question what I expect in the response is a string : Congratulations to BMW for Winning World Car of the Year 2006 From the Winner of Six Consecutive Le Mans 24 Hour Races 2000-2006

We don't want to process .result file to get the actual text.

Is it possible?

We also want to try out ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 for Linux and have raised a request for the same.We are awaiting reply from ABBYY team on this.

Thanks and Regards, Preeta

link

answered 22 Aug '14, 12:34

Preeta's gravatar image

Preeta

edited 22 Aug '14, 12:37

Hi Preeta,

To get plain text document please try to use processImage::exportFormat = txt after that you will get txt file as output.

Using ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 you could get plain text before exporting, for more information please see article in out Knowledge Base: http://knowledgebase.abbyy.com/article/1582.

link

answered 27 Aug '14, 13:53

SDK_support's gravatar image

SDK_support ♦♦

Thanks. Got the required result.

(02 Sep '14, 07:52) Preeta
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×23

Asked: 19 Aug '14, 18:49

Seen: 1,654 times

Last updated: 02 Sep '14, 07:52

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal