Hi,

is it intended behaviour that an OCR request of demo images, which should be free of charge, is denied with NotEnoughCredits as soon as one runs out of credits? It's tedious to always keep a minimum balance (as you know, it expires after 90 days) - just to do OCR for free demo images during development.

Best regards, Nico

asked 26 Aug '14, 15:34

Nico's gravatar image

Nico

The decision whether money should be debited is made after recognition. The recognition process cannot be launched if the application runs out of credits.

So it is correct behavior that OCR request of Sample images returns NotEnoughCredits message in this case.

link

answered 02 Sep '14, 12:40

Julia%20Anikushina's gravatar image

Julia Anikus... ♦♦

Are you kidding? What you're saying is that it's correct because it's implemented that way. By doing so, you could very well argue that an incorrect behaviour is correct - since the implementation is how it is.

I don't care about implementation details: If the documentation is saying doing OCR of demo images is free, it should be free. It's not the code, but the documentation that specifies the system.

(02 Sep '14, 18:26) Nico

You can recognize our demo images for free while Customer’s account is not empty. All free features are blocked in case of Customer’s account for particular Application has no A4 pages/Fields available for recognition.

You can find this information in ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK Service Billing Terms.

(03 Sep '14, 11:34) Julia Anikus... ♦♦

Great approach: After having noticed that there's a limitation in the code, just mention it in the documention. However, your ad says: "Free to develop, unlimited testing with sample images, pay only for production use." That's simply not true.

Personally, I'll definitely not spend any money that is quickly expiring just for development purposes. To make this clear: I'm not complaining about having to pay. That's fine. What I'm complaining about is that the bought credits are expiring that fast.

(20 Sep '14, 14:43) Nico

We are sorry that you are unhappy with our pricing model and regret that you did not have enough time for development. Any additional purchases will extend validity period for 90 days from the date of the latest purchase. So, to extend the validation period, you can buy additional pages for $9.99 (Volume Pack S).

(22 Sep '14, 14:18) Julia Anikus... ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×2
×1

Asked: 26 Aug '14, 15:34

Seen: 657 times

Last updated: 22 Sep '14, 14:18

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal