I tried many OCRs, among them I found Abbyy is the best , but I have a problem. Can we get the text from screen shot which consists of blocks(Lets consider the screen shot of watsapp or skype , show image below) as different paragraphs.I tried it for one image its working fine , but for other images its not working.We need to integrate the OCR in our app , if the trail version works fine we need to buy full version. before that I would like to check the app process.Please give me a solution. alt text

asked 12 Sep '14, 17:12

Satya's gravatar image

Satya

edited 12 Sep '14, 17:17

Hi, @Anastasiya Medvedeva, please reply to my question I have been waiting for your answer long time.

(16 Sep '14, 11:30) Satya

Hi,

you can try to extract text and export it in XML format. This format contains recognized text, with structure and parameters which are described with the help of XML. The "par" tag corresponces to one paragraph of a recognized text. After getting the text from XML you can work with it as you want.

link

answered 17 Sep '14, 16:22

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.4k16

Thanks for your reply @Oksana Serdyuk. But its returning the whole page as single paragraph.

(22 Sep '14, 13:08) Satya

I can't reproduce the ussue with single paragraph when processing your two images. I processed them using the following settings: "…/processImage?language=English&profile=documentConversion&exportFormat=xml". My XML results were sent to you by email.

Could you please send us the image file for which the issue can be reproduced and the processing settings you use?

(23 Sep '14, 00:33) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×42
×41
×30
×13

Asked: 12 Sep '14, 17:12

Seen: 1,786 times

Last updated: 23 Sep '14, 00:34

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal