I am finding an OCR component which can recognize the number of cubic meters from images of water meters. These images can be taken from smart phone devices.

I attach here an example image, please advice me if Aspose OCR can recognize it.

asked 15 Sep '14, 15:13

khietdt's gravatar image

khietdt

This particular image is low quality, so in case your intend is to get the registration, first of all you need to have good quality images with 300 dpi at least, for comparison this one has 100 dpi only.

link

answered 15 Sep '14, 16:30

Anastasiya%20Medvedeva's gravatar image

Anastasiya M... ♦♦

I send you two images with higher resolution. I hope they are good quality enough so that you could recognize them. Please reply me when you have the answer.

alt text

alt text

link

answered 17 Sep '14, 11:38

khietdt's gravatar image

khietdt

Thank you for provided images! The base version of our technology detect meters registration as picture, i.e. does not recognize it. You see, our technology is adjusted to the work with documents in general: parts of number above and below interfere with the current registration.

But, if you would like, we could discuss with you modification of our technology for meters registration recognition specifically. In case of interest, please inform us (can be sent to CloudOcrSdk@abbyy.com) about the country of your stay in order that we could appoint the correct person in one of our Offices for the following communication with you.

link

answered 19 Sep '14, 15:21

Anastasiya%20Medvedeva's gravatar image

Anastasiya M... ♦♦

We´ve also got issues trying to read out meters. Was there any development on the issue?

Regards& Best wishes from Berlin, Thomas

(13 Aug '15, 13:32) Thomas F

Hi Thomas,

Please send us (CloudOCRSDK@abbyy.com) your images and we will try to give you some recommendations.

(13 Aug '15, 16:12) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×4
×3
×1

Asked: 15 Sep '14, 15:13

Seen: 1,568 times

Last updated: 13 Aug '15, 16:12

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal