After succesfully launching the demo sample on the simulator, I'm trying to install on a real device. Firsty I needed to update the "Architecture" to standard architectures with armv7 and armv7s (so my device can be recognized by XCode) and then set valid SDK to iOS 7.1.

When I try to install the app on the device I received 5 errors with the "Undefined symbols for architecture armv7" message.

Any thought?

Thanks in advance!

asked 30 Oct '14, 16:00

Jorge%20Velasco's gravatar image

Jorge Velasco

Such behavior may occur when trying to use libraries for iPhone simulator on a real device. To run the MSDK-based application on the device you need to use the libAbbyyMsdk.a file from the lib/iPhone distribution subfolder. Please, check that correct lib is referenced by the project.

There is the section Programmer’s Guide → How to..? → Build the Sample for iPhone in XCode in the Mobile SDK Help, where you can also find some hints regarding running our sample in Xcode. We hope this information will be helpful.

If these recommendations don't help, please send a sample project with which we could reproduce the issue to SDK_Support@abbyy.com.

link

answered 31 Oct '14, 17:56

Anna%20Falevskaya's gravatar image

Anna Falevskaya ♦♦

Thanks for the info. Finally I could install the sample project following the hints given on the "Build the Sample for iPhone in XCode" but ONLY in an iPhone 4 device. I still can not install on a iPhone 5s device.

So my guess is, is it possible to install and use the Engine SDK on iPhone 5 and later devices?

Thanks for your effort.

link

answered 03 Nov '14, 12:22

Jorge%20Velasco's gravatar image

Jorge Velasco

Yes, it's possible. For further investigation please send the sample project with which we could reproduce the issue, the IOS version and the number of MSDK build to SDK_Support@abbyy.com.

link

answered 05 Nov '14, 16:17

Anna%20Falevskaya's gravatar image

Anna Falevskaya ♦♦

Thanks, finally I managed to install the sample project on my iPhone 5s device!

(06 Nov '14, 16:00) Jorge Velasco
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×43
×1

Asked: 30 Oct '14, 16:00

Seen: 2,211 times

Last updated: 06 Nov '14, 16:00

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal