Hi Abbyy Team: Thank you for your help and I can use the Ruby SDK to call the API to upload an image and get the recognized text. Now can I do this: I have bunch of apartment leasing documents in '.jpg', 'PDF', 'word' or other format. All of them contains values about 'Building Address', 'Checkin Date' and 'Checkout Date'(but the word may be different, for example, some leasing documents maybe: 'Property Address', 'Start Date', 'Termination Date'). Can I use this API to automatically recognize those values about those fields and get them? Or is there any other way to do this using this API or other technology in Abbyy? Thank you very much!

best regards
  Yu Song

asked 21 Nov '14, 18:01

Yu%20Song's gravatar image

Yu Song

Dear Yu Song, In the Cloud OCR SDK there is the processTextField method for recognition of the field, the field’s region should be set manually. For more information about this method please refer to Documentation. In case it is semi-structured document, we can advise to use ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine. For more information about this product please refer to our site

link

answered 24 Nov '14, 18:04

Anna%20Falevskaya's gravatar image

Anna Falevskaya ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×17

Asked: 21 Nov '14, 18:01

Seen: 1,927 times

Last updated: 30 Oct '15, 19:13

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal