When I set IRecognizerParams::TrainUserPatterns property to TRUE, the Pattern Training dialog appear not for all characters, but some characters are recognised incorrect. Can I get Pattern Training dialog for each character in document not only for uncertainly recognized characters or call it for symbols that were recognised incorrect.

asked 11 Jan '15, 15:44

Mikhail's gravatar image

Mikhail

In order Pattern Training dialog appear for all characters please try to set RecognizerParams::UseBuiltInPatterns property to TRUE. For more information about it please refer to the Developer's Help → API Reference → Parameter Objects → Preprocessing, Analysis, Recognition, and Synthesis Parameters → RecognizerParams.

link

answered 19 Jan '15, 14:53

Julia%20Anikushina's gravatar image

Julia Anikus... ♦♦

Julia, thank you for response. But something is wrong. Your proposal not working for me. I use code for User Patterns Training Utility with some modifications.

So code is: FREngine.RecognizerParams recognizerParams = documentProcessingParams.PageProcessingParams.RecognizerParams; recognizerParams.UserPatternsFile = patternSourceFileTextBox.Text; recognizerParams.UseBuiltInPatterns = true; recognizerParams.TrainUserPatterns = true;

patternSourceFileTextBox.Text contains path to user pattern file.

As I see and as stated in the documentation "This property (UseBuiltInPatterns) set to TRUE means that ABBYY FineReader Engine will use its own built-in patterns for recognition." So the recognition with this property may be worse than use user patterns only and Pattern Training dialog may appear more often than without it. Result of recognition is different for UseBuiltInPatterns true and false for me. But Pattern Training dialog still appear not for all characters. As I see engine has some other mechanism that allow it confidently recognise some characters and I may not disable it to make Pattern Training dialog appear for each symbol.

link

answered 19 Jan '15, 19:45

Mikhail's gravatar image

Mikhail

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×6

Asked: 11 Jan '15, 15:44

Seen: 1,971 times

Last updated: 19 Jan '15, 19:45

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal