Hello,

I've been using ABBYY for over a year now (Finereader 10), mainly for converting PDFs in French to Word documents. I find the results are brilliant.

Today I have a problem which ABBYY has difficulties coping with: this is a 10-page PDF in French, and I suspected it might have problems because when you look at the PDF the text looks a bit grey and washed out. However, when you zoom into the PDF the text sharpens up a lot.

As I suspected, ABBYY was, on normal settings, completely unable to cope with the greyness. At the moment I'm contemplating the laborious business of taking screenshots of the individual blown-up PDF pages, saving as JPegs or whatever, and then seeing if ABBYY can produce better results that way.

The requisite image quality does seem to be present in the PDF doc, but not at normal size. I'm surprised by the fact that there don't seem to be any settings relating to actual recognition (e.g. "take more time", "sharpen", "increase contrast", "use more memory", "zoom into the PDF").

Thanks for any suggestions...

asked 01 Apr '15, 13:04

mrodent's gravatar image

mrodent

closed 01 Apr '15, 15:29

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

It seems that your question is related to FineReader desktop product. This forum works now for Cloud OCR SDK only, so I have forwarded your request to my colleagues who are responsible for the desktop products support. They will contact you as soon as possible. I think it would be preferable if you could send us your image file to support@abbyy.com.

(01 Apr '15, 15:23) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦

OK thanks... so I assume there is no general user forum where I can post this kind of question. When you say "image file" do you mean the PDF file, or something generated by the ABBYY app?

(01 Apr '15, 16:15) mrodent

To get support on the desktop products, we recommend you to use our ABBYY Online Support - http://onlinesupport.abbyy.com/.

I mean the origin PDF file which will help us to reproduce the issue and give you some recommendations.

(01 Apr '15, 17:02) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦

The question has been closed for the following reason "Question is off-topic or not relevant" by Oksana Serdyuk 01 Apr '15, 15:29

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×25

Asked: 01 Apr '15, 13:04

Seen: 505 times

Last updated: 01 Apr '15, 17:08

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal