I am using api for scanning my images, when I test following tilted image alt text in demo it is giving very good output though image is tilted but output is in straight line but when I use api I fetched alto (xml output) and plotted it on my browser with vertical and horizontal position of each scanned line it giving me me following result alt text Is there any setting to get output like demo is giving

asked 27 May '15, 15:31

pankaj_coditas's gravatar image

pankaj_coditas

The Demo application on our website is designed to illustrate the recognition results, that’s why the result is presented only in the form of pictures (it corresponds to the pdfSearchable export format) and it can’t be edited or copied.

The described issue occurs because of the skew correction. The fact is that the service writes in the ALTO format coordinates that are defined on an original image (not an image after different modification, e.g. deskewing, were applied). As your images are skewed, you can see this effect.

To get the coordinates of the corrected image use the xmlForCorrectedImage export format of the processImage method. This format is the same as xml, but all coordinates written into the output XML file relate to the corrected image, not the original. We recommend you to export the result in two formats at the same time: alto and xmlForCorrectedImage. To do this, specify the necessary formats, separated by commas, in the exportFormat parameter of the processImage method. The task cost does not go up when you set multiple export formats.

link

answered 28 May '15, 14:18

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×103
×23

Asked: 27 May '15, 15:31

Seen: 993 times

Last updated: 03 Nov '15, 18:22

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal