I need to remove paper crease in folded pages. Would you please give some sample code to remove paper fold line (crease) by using FREngine? I could not find any OCR methods for this..

Thanx in advance.

asked 05 Jul '15, 14:06

hakanaktan's gravatar image

hakanaktan

ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 supports auto-splitting by means of the IFRDocument::SplitPages method. This method is useful if the page is a double-page spread of a book or if the page contains images of several business cards. The method splits the source image into several pages.

For example, the SplitType property of the PageSplittingParams object specifies the type of the page split which should be performed. By default, the value of this property is PST_None, which means that a page should not be split. If the page you are going to process contains a dual-page spread use the PST_DoublePageSplit value for the SplitType property.

Please see the detailed description in the Help: API Reference > Document-Related Objects > FRDocument > SplitPages Method and API Reference > Parameter Objects > PageSplittingParams.

link

answered 06 Jul '15, 16:03

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Thanks for your answer but i need something different. Our customer scans pages that have been folded from middle. So when they scan it, we have an image that has a crease in the middle of the page horizontally. Bu we do not want to see this fold crease. Can i remove this crease from image and still have only one page ?

Thank you..

link

answered 06 Jul '15, 16:58

hakanaktan

Perhaps this can be done using the ImageModification object (Help > API Reference > Image-Related Objects > ImageModification). Would you mind sending a sample of your image to SDK_Support@abbyy.com? We will test it and give you our recommendations.

(07 Jul '15, 15:55) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦

I send a mail to support, with the subject of "Remove paper fold crease (sample page)". I attached a scanned file with fold crease for your tests.

Waiting for your test results.

Thanks in advance..

link

answered 08 Jul '15, 09:46

hakanaktan

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×1
×1

Asked: 05 Jul '15, 14:06

Seen: 1,077 times

Last updated: 08 Jul '15, 09:46

Related questions

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal