I've been trying to use the service with both pure javascript and now JQuery via an AJAX call, but the service is giving me an 'unsupported file type' error. Is it possible to call the service this way and if so, how should I format my AJAX message?

asked 17 Jul '15, 20:55

rcampbellB's gravatar image

rcampbellB

Hello!

ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK is a Web API, so you can use it in any development tool supporting communication over the network. You can find a set of code samples on the different programming languages at our Samples Page, including the JavaScript sample. Our JavaScript sample shows how to read data from a file and then to form a request for sending to the service (the ocrsdk.prototype.processImage function). Unfortunately, we have not a ready sample code in JavaScript or any instructions for reading data from other sources.

We would like to draw your attention to the fact that our Cloud OCR SDK service cannot work with data encoded in base64, it is necessary to pass binary data as is.

link

answered 20 Jul '15, 11:42

Anna%20Falevskaya's gravatar image

Anna Falevskaya ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×9
×2

Asked: 17 Jul '15, 20:55

Seen: 827 times

Last updated: 20 Jul '15, 11:42

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal