I am using ocr cloud sdk in my application for ocr but it does not support font details in its output xml. Fonts names and sizes are required word by word in my application.

I want to know that if fonts are support in finereader engine's output xml? or in any other Abby API ?

asked 22 Jul '15, 13:10

amirkhan's gravatar image

amirkhan

edited 22 Jul '15, 13:11

It is possible to recognize fonts names and sizes using ABBYY FineReader Engine 11. It can be done in different ways:

1. Using the XML export format. This file includes both the recognized text and the character attributes such as its coordinates, the font name, the font size, etc. The detailed information about the XML export format you can find in the FREngine Help file: API Reference → Parameter Objects → Export Parameters → XMLExportParams.

2. Via FREngine API. You can get this information using the CharParams object. Find more details in the Help file: API Reference → Text-Related Objects → CharParams.

For trial version of FineReader Engine, please fill the form at our site.

link

answered 27 Jul '15, 17:33

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.4k16

edited 27 Jul '15, 17:39

The parameter xcf (--xmlWriteCharFormatting) is neccessary to get the font size.

link

answered 18 Aug '15, 12:28

Fabian%20Stark's gravatar image

Fabian Stark

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×28
×6

Asked: 22 Jul '15, 13:10

Seen: 1,885 times

Last updated: 18 Aug '15, 12:28

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal