Hi,

I am using Java API and I am wondering what is IEngine.Release() function? I cannot find it in documentation.

If I release engine what is going to happen when I load it again like Engine.GetEngineObject(SamplesConfig.GetDllFolder(), SamplesConfig.GetDeveloperSN())? Is it new object or reference to old one?

What if Release() function is called during document.process() execution (from different thread)?

Thanks, Zeljko

asked 04 Nov '15, 18:34

zeljkoar's gravatar image

zeljkoar

Could someone take a look into this question?

(17 Nov '15, 17:27) zeljkoar

We are extremely sorry for a long silence.

If you call the IEngine.Release() function, this leads to the release of the IEngine object, but does not lead to the deinitialization of the IEngine object. This function is an additional instrument for the correct DeinitializeEngine. It was actual and important to release the IEngine object before DeinitializeEngine in the previous versions of FineReader Engine. As you use FineReader Engine 11 you can simply disregard it, now you only need to call the DeinitializeEngine function from the same thread where you have earlier called the GetEngineObject function.

One more thing I would like to note that the automatic call of the DeinitializeEngine function occurs only when you use COM wrappers (inprocLoader, outprocLoader). If you load FineReader Engine explicitly using GetEngineObject, Engine.Load for Java, then it must be unloaded also explicitly using DeinitizlizeEngine, Engine.Unload for Java.

Also please see Developer's Help > Guided Tour > Advanced Techniques > Parallel Processing to know how utilize multiprocessing capabilities of your hardware configurations and Developer's Help > Guided Tour > Advanced Techniques > Programming Aspects > Using ABBYY FineReader Engine in Java for more details.

link

answered 18 Nov '15, 13:04

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×47
×10
×1

Asked: 04 Nov '15, 18:34

Seen: 730 times

Last updated: 18 Nov '15, 13:04

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal