I do OCR on text that is primarily in english, but has some text in hebrew characters. I scan text and save as jpeg, and then use ABBYY to convert it to Word doc.

ABBYY usually treats the punctuation in the hebrew text as if it was english. this is problematic because hebrew goes right to left, so every time there is a comma in the middle of a hebrew sentence, the word order gets garbled up.

How can I train ABBYY to read the hebrew punctuation as hebrew?

asked 25 Dec '15, 11:26

shmu26's gravatar image

shmu26

closed 28 Dec '15, 15:44

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Hi, could you please send the following additional information to SDK_Support@abbyy.com?

1. What ABBYY product do you use?

2. Please send your image sample and specify the processing settings you use.

(28 Dec '15, 14:38) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦

The question has been closed for the following reason "Question is off-topic or not relevant" by Oksana Serdyuk 28 Dec '15, 15:44

thanks. abbyy finereader 12 I use default settings. abbyy identifies the languages automatically. image file attached. alt text

link

answered 28 Dec '15, 15:04

shmu26's gravatar image

shmu26

Thank you for the provided information! Your question is related to ABBYY desktop product, but this forum works for ABBYY SDK products. I have forwarded your request to my colleagues who are responsible for ABBYY FineReader support. They will contact you as soon as possible.

(28 Dec '15, 15:44) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×8
×4
×4

Asked: 25 Dec '15, 11:26

Seen: 607 times

Last updated: 28 Dec '15, 15:44

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal