Hi, I found the recognition quality of Cloud Sdk service is less than ABBYY FineReader Online service. I want to know why this happen, because I need very good ocr results. Also, is there any API for ABBYY FineReader Online service to provided? Thank you!

asked 27 Dec '15, 07:52

abbyy_1's gravatar image

abbyy_1

ABBYY FineReader Online is a ready-to-use OCR service that is tuned up for the most popular usage scenarios (it does not have any API). ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK is an online service providing Web API for OCR and it can be used in any development tool supporting communication over the network.

The fact is that all our products are different, they use a very sophisticated artificial intelligence algorithms for OCR, and they are adjusted for various scenarios and situations. You can see the difference in the outputs due to each product has its own internal default processing settings. Moreover these two products are based on two different generation of recognition technologies. If you use Cloud OCR SDK, it is assumed that you specify the most appropriate recognition settings for your certain usage scenario by yourself. Please see the Best Practices and the FAQ sections to know general recommendations on settings for the best recognition results.

For your information you can see the article with the major differences between Cloud OCR SDK and FineReader Online here.

link

answered 28 Dec '15, 15:34

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×195
×25
×2

Asked: 27 Dec '15, 07:52

Seen: 709 times

Last updated: 28 Dec '15, 15:34

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal