We are using default profiles to work with abbyy finereader engine 11, especially the 'TextExtraction_Accuracy'-Profile.

Now i would like to create my own custome-profile which contains almost the same settings like the TextExtraction_Accuracy-Profile has, only without the orientation-detection.

Please tell how to find the settings of the predefined profiles.

Thanks and best regards, D.Pfizenmaier

asked 25 Jan '16, 19:50

dpfizenmaier's gravatar image

dpfizenmaier

You can find the specification of all predefined profiles here: Developer's Help > Specifications > Predefined Profiles Specification. The article contains all object properties which are set to a non-default value by each profile.

link

answered 27 Jan '16, 16:01

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

You can use one of the following ways:

1) Use the TextExtraction_Accuracy predefined profile as you are used, but re-specify the needed properties after you have called the LoadPredefinedProfile method in your code.

2) You can create your own profile file. The syntax of a profile file is similar to that of *.ini files, for example:

[PrepareImageMode]
DiscardColorImage = true

[PDFExportParams]
TextExportMode = PEM_ImageOnText

; this is a comment
[RecognizerParams]
TextLanguage = English,Russian

Use the LoadProfile method of the Engine object to load your profile file.

Please see more information in Developer's Help > Guided Tour > Advanced Techniques > Working with Profiles.

link
This answer is marked "community wiki".

answered 26 Jan '16, 16:57

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Thanks for your fast response. I was hoping to avoid the way which you described in No 1 (but thanks for this answer, i maybe will try this nevertheless).

How to write a profile file which you described in way No 2 i know this. But I don't know which parameters are set in TextExtracion_Accuracy so i was hoping that there is some kind of documentation or a way to find out which settings are set by the predefined profile so i can write my own profile with almoste these same setting, but without the orientation-detection.

link

answered 27 Jan '16, 15:53

dpfizenmaier's gravatar image

dpfizenmaier

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×19
×1

Asked: 25 Jan '16, 19:50

Seen: 706 times

Last updated: 27 Jan '16, 16:01

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal