Hi,

I am using Abbyy CLI. I wanted to know how we can get exported XML (PDF to XML) with Identifier attribute (<text id ={value}>). I have seen one example on your site link as below

https://abbyy.technology/en:features:ocr:xml

in which, DemoImage1_ABBYY_Basic.xml output sample has the format which I am looking for. But I am not able understand which output-format with which parameter I should use to get the same format as in the example ?? I have tried different parameter with output-format XML & ALTO, but none of it seem to work.

asked 07 Feb '16, 13:48

pprashant9490's gravatar image

pprashant9490

edited 09 Feb '16, 17:04

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

If we speak about ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 and the CommandLineInterface sample, then you can use the CLI utility in one of the following ways:

CommandLineInterface [options] -if <image file> -f format [options] -of <export file>
CommandLineInterface [options] -if <image file> -f format1 [options] -of <export file 1> -f format2 [options] -of <export file 2>
CommandLineInterface [options] -if <image file 1> [options] -if <image file 2> -f format [options] -of <export file>

For example, if you want to recognize Demo.pdf and export it to the XML file of the XCA_Basic output type, you should use the following command:

CommandLineInterface -if Demo.pdf -f XML -xca -of Demo.xml

More information about usage of the sample you can find in Code Samples Library (the destination by default is “%ProgramData%\ABBYY\SDK\11\FineReader Engine\Samples\SamplesBrowsingTools\pages\sample_CommandLineInterface.html”).

link

answered 09 Feb '16, 17:02

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Ok thanks Oksana. I will try it out and let you know.

(10 Feb '16, 09:30) pprashant9490
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×49
×49
×7

Asked: 07 Feb '16, 13:48

Seen: 746 times

Last updated: 14 Feb '16, 14:25

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal