Does processBusinessCard output support image rotation as here? If not, would you support it?

Thanks

asked 03 Mar '16, 05:02

jackZap's gravatar image

jackZap

converted 24 Mar '16, 15:13

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.4k16

Recently ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK team has improved the BCR technology regarding your feature request. The imageRotation attribute for the businessCard element was added to the XML export format. This attribute specifies rotation that was performed upon the input image, namely:

• noRotation - this value denotes no rotation,
  • clockwise - rotation 90 degrees clockwise,
  • counterclockwise - rotation 90 degrees counterclockwise or 270 degrees clockwise,
  • upsideDown - rotation upside down, or 180 degrees.

ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK documentation will be updated accordingly.

link

answered 24 Mar '16, 15:24

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.4k16

Hi, I just tried a few business card image rotated. I didn't get the new field "imageRotation".

Has the feature started to work online? I thought there will be one new filed on output xml. <field type="imageRotation">

<businesscard> <field type="Phone"> <value>783-37-00</value> </field> <field type="Fax"> <value>783-26-63</value> </field> </businesscard>

(25 Mar '16, 05:05) jackZap

It's strange, because the neccessary changes were published two days ago. Possibly the issue connected with some cache. Moreover when I process a business card sample on my side, the XML output contains the 'imageRotation' attribute with correct values:

<businesscard imagerotation="noRotation"> <field type="Phone"> <value>510-226-6717 x 107</value> ...

Please note that 'imageRotation' is not a separate field, it is a new attribute for the 'businessCard' element.

(25 Mar '16, 12:40) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦

Thank you. I have confirmed that the XML output includes <businesscard imagerotation="XXX">

(29 Mar '16, 10:52) jackZap
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×158
×21
×5

Asked: 03 Mar '16, 05:02

Seen: 424 times

Last updated: 29 Mar '16, 10:52

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal