Hi , I want to read handwritten text using OCR/ICR cloud api. Can you please tell me how to do that in OCR cloud api?

Also, please tell me if there is any ICR cloud api is available?

Regards, Anshu Mishra

asked 31 May '16, 19:13

Anshu%20Sk%20Mishra's gravatar image

Anshu Sk Mishra

Hi,

Our technologies allow to recognize handwritten text only if the characters are written separately (so called "handprinted text"). To recognize the handprinted text you need to set up some certain recognition parameters which tell the Cloud OCR service that the text to be recognized is handprinted. We would like to note that automatic layout analysis is not available for the handprinted text, so the coordinates of the fields that contain the handprinted text must be specified manually. This you will be able to implement using the filed-level recognition (the processTextField and processFields methods). We recommend to review the article with some details in the documentation.

ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK doesn’t contain special ICR API. As it was mentioned above handprinted symbols are processed through standard ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK API.

link

answered 01 Jun '16, 18:52

Ilya%20Sukhorukov's gravatar image

Ilya Sukhorukov

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×9
×5
×3
×2

Asked: 31 May '16, 19:13

Seen: 591 times

Last updated: 01 Jun '16, 18:52

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal