I am trying to convert a simple Invoice to text using processImage. I receive mixed order of words. I tried setting the correctOrientation flag to false, but it didn't help. Are there any other flag to use? Does anyone can help?

asked 31 Dec '12, 21:52

Keren_S's gravatar image

Keren_S

Answering questions like that is not really possible without more details. I would recommend to share image file first

(03 Jan '13, 00:36) Andrey Isaev ♦♦

i have the same problem. it used to work, but now my codes returns weird charcters and random order too of some. PLEASE i need a fix. thanks. :) The weird characters I get the most are:  . It's usable, as you can kinda decipher it's result, but i want this fixed. thanks

(10 Jan '13, 08:17) dumbproducts

It works great, it just doesn't appear to be as accurate as before. though still definitely usable. maybe just my imagination.

(11 Jan '13, 00:14) dumbproducts

it actually isn't a big problem. rarely happens. it's the same as it was before. maybe it was a problem in my code i don't know. anyhow it's fine now, for the most part.

(11 Jan '13, 06:52) dumbproducts

Dear dumbproducts, could you please share your image to let us reproduce the issue?

(17 Jan '13, 02:20) Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Dear Keren,

Thank you for the image provided. The order of words was defined incorrectly because of the complex structure of the document (different font sizes, the large distance between the words, non-standard dimensions). In this case we recommend to export the text and its coordinates to the XML file, and then sort it in the necessary order manually.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

link

answered 17 Jan '13, 02:04

Anastasia%20Galimova's gravatar image

Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

For some cases the text order can be defined better, if the image is scanned with the recommended resolution: 300 dpi for font sizes of 10 points or larger and 400-600 dpi for font sizes of 9 points or smaller.

link

answered 17 Jan '13, 02:11

Anastasia%20Galimova's gravatar image

Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×42

Asked: 31 Dec '12, 21:52

Seen: 1,339 times

Last updated: 17 Jan '13, 02:20

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal