Dear, Currently, I use Cloud OCR SDK for my job and I need to do OCR for our forms.

But I have a big problem, our forms input are come from the picture and our employees take the form picture by their ways. So I can't make sure the picture have size, ratio, resolution consistency.

So I need to recognize the edges of forms in the picture before I process fields in there.

Do you have any goods idea about that.

P/s: I see iOS mobile SDK has this feature.

Thank you.

asked 10 Sep '16, 07:57

Vinh%20Dang's gravatar image

Vinh Dang

Unfortunately, there is no such functionality in ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK.

However, if you are designing an application which will allow the user to recognize some certain forms with a mobile phone, we recommend that you add to user interface a frame showing a position of the form on the screen when the user is taking a picture. See also this article for more info how to photograph documents for OCR. Then before sending a recognition request to the Cloud OCR server, your application should crop the image using the frame borders.

Also you can use ABBYY Mobile Imaging SDK to pre-process image before recognition.

link

answered 12 Sep '16, 12:33

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Thanks for your help! I will check it out.

(13 Sep '16, 06:54) Vinh Dang
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×41
×6
×4

Asked: 10 Sep '16, 07:57

Seen: 455 times

Last updated: 13 Sep '16, 06:54

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal