Hi, i'm planning to purchase the 10,000 pages subscription.

i sent a few files (phone screenshots) and 3 out of 10 returned an empty or almost empty output.

For example this attached image:alt text processImage with default settings and language = "Hebrew,English" returns "□ ס נ>" as a result.

The text in the image looks very clear. Is there any reason for this? And is there anything i can change in the settings to fix it?

Thank you

Evgeny

asked 11 Sep '16, 16:39

evgeny's gravatar image

evgeny

Please try to use the textExtraction profile (the documentConversion profile is used as a default value).

link

answered 12 Sep '16, 15:56

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Hi Oksana, i already tried that before i wrote you the first time but i did it again:

settings.language = "Hebrew,English"; // Can be comma-separated list, e.g. "German,French". settings.profile ="textExtraction"; settings.exportFormat = "txt";

and the result is the same: "□ ס נ>". And 2 more out of 10 files (which look ok) returned an empty text. Here is one of them: alt text

Please help))

Thank you

Evgeny

(13 Sep '16, 10:28) evgeny

According to our database, you still use the documentConversion profile. Kindly make sure that you use the recommended parameters. Please use any HTTP debugger to debug your code.

Moreover, when I use the textExtraction profile, I can get the recognized text.

(13 Sep '16, 14:58) Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦

Hi Oksana, you are right, i copied your code in ocrsdk.js and there was no handling for "profile" parameter.

Now it looks much better.

hank you

Evgeny

(14 Sep '16, 10:59) evgeny
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×5
×4

Asked: 11 Sep '16, 16:39

Seen: 305 times

Last updated: 14 Sep '16, 10:59

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal