Hi,

I am currently using orientation auto detection, but we need information about the image orientation. I have tried to get the text orientation, but it is RT_NoRotation in every cases. Am I looking for this information right place or should I check it somewhere else?

Thanks and Regards, Franciska

asked 15 Sep '16, 14:57

FranciskaS's gravatar image

FranciskaS

Sorry, for misunderstanding. I've just checked the ImageDocument::ImageRotation description in the Developer's Help.

The ImageDocument::ImageRotation property shows the changes in orientation only if you make such changes after opening or after SaveModified method. Example: if you call ImageDocument::Transform( RT Clockwise, ... ) then you will get ImageDocument::ImageRotation = RT_Clockwise value. So, ImageDocument::ImageRotation is not about source image rotation. It is about image modification which you implement with ImageDocument after opening.

In order to get the current image orientation you should call FRPage::DetectOrientation method and look in the TextOrientation::RotationType property. For more details, find FRPage::DetectOrientation method in Developer's Help.

Hope, it will help!

link

answered 15 Sep '16, 18:26

Natalia%20Karaseva's gravatar image

Natalia Kara...

Did you set the following parameter:

PagePreprocessingParams::CorrectOrientation into TRUE value ?

link

answered 15 Sep '16, 16:24

Natalia%20Karaseva's gravatar image

Natalia Kara...

Yap and the auto rotation function is working, but if I request the text orientation enum, I always get a same. BTW, I am using Java lib.

link

answered 15 Sep '16, 17:18

FranciskaS

Thanks finally it is working :)

Just one more comment others, who may be in a same situation as me: use the DetectOrientation method before the preprocessing. If I check the page orientation after processing it is always RT_NoRotation.

link

answered 16 Sep '16, 16:27

FranciskaS

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×35
×7
×5

Asked: 15 Sep '16, 14:57

Seen: 356 times

Last updated: 16 Sep '16, 16:27

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal