Hello everyone!

I have a scan procedure that uses twain functionalities exposed by the ABBYY suite.

I use the ABBYY SDK on C#.

Every time I access a functionality (for example when I create a ScanManager object to get the list of available sources) a new couple of "ScanTwain.exe" and "ScanWia.exe" processes appears.

After some minutes the newly created processes disappears. In any case, at least 3 or 4 couple of processes are always running in background.

A customer is complaining about these processes ( :| ), so I need to know if the 3 or 4 couple that are always running on background are part of a pool mantained by ABBYY SDK/FCEngine or it's a fault of mine on correctly killing the COM objects I created.

Best Regards, Sebastiano

asked 09 Jan, 16:35

Sebastiano's gravatar image

Sebastiano

You could try to do the following. Once you have obtained the list of available scanning sources or any other necessary information, set the ScanManager to null and explicitly call garbage collector with GC.Collect(). Both "ScanTwain.exe" and "ScanWia.exe" processes should disappear.

Alternatively, you could try to reuse the ScanManager object instead of creating a new one every time you need to use its functionality (it appears that this is how you do it at the moment). This way only one "ScanTwain.exe" process and one "ScanWia.exe" process would be running in the background.

link

answered 13 Jan, 17:40

IvanPopov's gravatar image

IvanPopov ♦♦

The GC.Collect() did the work. Thanks!

link

answered 26 Jan, 16:32

Sebastiano's gravatar image

Sebastiano

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×1
×1
×1

Asked: 09 Jan, 16:35

Seen: 265 times

Last updated: 26 Jan, 16:32

Related questions

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal