I need to perform an export of a subset of user created areas to a pdf file keeping their original appearance as much as possible. I've used the FineReader engine VisualComponents example as starting point as it can be used to export to rtf a document which is fully processed by the engine.

I managed to export the full document as pdf but I could always export only the whole file as it was synthesized or part of it removing auto recognized blocks manually. However I need to manually add blocks from scratch, and export a pdf file with only specified blocks.

I set up a simple function which goes from document creation and programmatically add a text block to all pages of a document and went thorugh recognition of blocks but if I try to export the document to a pdf file I get the error "The logical structure of the document is invalid. Please, perform document synthesis". But if I perform a sysnthesis of the document my custom blocks are removed and the full document is exported.

How can I export only the blocks I need?

asked 16 Feb, 13:56

Angelo's gravatar image

Angelo

I suppose that you export the result to searchable PDF (TextExportMode=PEM_ImageOnText by default), when the whole image without text is saved as a picture and the recognized text is saved as text and is put under the image. The image covers all the recognized text and that's why you can't see what has been actually exported. Please try to use one of export modes: PEM_TextOnly or PEM_TextWithPictures. See also the Developer's Help → API Reference → PDFExportParams Object.

link

answered 2 days ago

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.5k16

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×49
×21
×11
×2

Asked: 16 Feb, 13:56

Seen: 59 times

Last updated: 2 days ago

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal