I have been demoing ABBY for a couple months and purchased an account since it seems to be the best out there. We do hand written text for communication cards. I was wondering if there are best practices about the weight of check boxes and text boxes. It seems like we are getting some fairly low accuracy rating on documents and I am assuming its because the OCR cannot distinguish between the boxes and the printed letter.

It would be helpful if there were some best practices on how to design for text written in boxes and for check boxes. I apologize if this information exists already. I was unable to find in forums or in documentation.

asked 09 Apr '13, 06:53

Chad%20Meyer's gravatar image

Chad Meyer

Could you please share the images you want to recognize? You can send it to CloudOCRSDK@abbyy.com.

(10 Apr '13, 16:52) Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Hi,

I have the same problem here, did you get any useful recommendation?

Thank you very much for your response.

nejc

link

answered 16 Apr '15, 05:19

Jernej%20Suhadolc's gravatar image

Jernej Suhadolc

Please see this topic and the How to Recognize Text Fields section at our site for your information.

To get some additional recommendations you can send your images for testing to Cloudocrsdk@abbyy.com.

link

answered 17 Apr '15, 12:09

Oksana%20Serdyuk's gravatar image

Oksana Serdyuk ♦♦
1.4k16

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×9

Asked: 09 Apr '13, 06:53

Seen: 1,375 times

Last updated: 17 Apr '15, 12:09

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal