We are using pdf files as an input and "pdfSearchable" as an output format. Is it possible to control image compression in the output PDF file? Now we get images recompressed into JBIG2, and they visually look worse than original ones. Another point is that some libraries, we use for further processing (pdflib, pdfbox), doesn't have a support for JBIG2. Does any parameter exist to keep the original image unchanged?

asked 29 Apr '13, 13:37

Josef%20Standplass's gravatar image

Josef Standp...

thank you for telling us that JBIG 2 has added to Cloud OCR SDK. this is what i am looking forward. can you tell me if this jbig2 compression scheme is compatible with OCR SDK?

(18 Feb '14, 08:21) Getlink

We recommend to test it on your side.

(18 Feb '14, 18:51) Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Dear Josef, thank you for your question! Now this feature is available in offline SDK only. We will consult with our analyst if it could be added to Cloud OCR SDK and will inform you as soon as we will have additional information.

link

answered 07 May '13, 19:45

Anastasia%20Galimova's gravatar image

Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Could you please clarify, do I understand correctly that to save original images in a good jpeg quality is suitable for your task (you do not need to save it absolutely unchanged without any recompression)?

(21 May '13, 11:40) Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

yes, it's suitable for our purposes

(10 Oct '13, 11:43) Josef Standp...

PDF export parameters will be extended, but not in the nearest months (after the technologies update only). If you have any more suggestions about how to improve PDF export API, please let us know.

link

answered 29 Oct '13, 19:33

Anastasia%20Galimova's gravatar image

Anastasia Ga... ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×7
×4
×1

Asked: 29 Apr '13, 13:37

Seen: 1,656 times

Last updated: 18 Feb '14, 18:51

© 2016 ABBYY. All rights Reserved. www.ABBYY.com | Privacy Policy | Legal