ProcessBarcodeField Question

• Last Post 31 August 2013
  • Topic Is Solved
Alex C posted this 29 August 2013

I'm using the ProcessBarcodeField method on this image without specifying a region (full size image is scanned at 300dpi) and trying to get the barcode from the bottom corner. It's a stuck on label so it can move around depending on the document so I can't be sure of a region.

alt text

The returned XML is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><document xmlns="@link" xmlns:xsi="@link" xsi:schemaLocation="@link" version="1.0"><field left="0" top="0" right="3448" bottom="2464" type="barcode"><value encoding="Base64">XgA=</value></field></document>

Which in Base64 translates to ^

When I use a cropped version of the image

alt text

The XML that is returned is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><document xmlns="@link" xmlns:xsi="@link" xsi:schemaLocation="@link" version="1.0"><field left="0" top="0" right="960" bottom="378" type="barcode"><value encoding="Base64">MgA5ADgAOAAwADUAMgA=</value></field></document>

Which is Base64, correctly translates to 2988052 (the barcode is different to the numbers at the side!)

Do I need to use the processImage method where the barcode is unknown? Is there a maximum size which I can use the processBarcodeField on?

Thanks in advance

Anastasia Galimova posted this 31 August 2013

The processBarcodeField method presumes that you specify the exact barcode region. It is possible to specify the bigger region, but usually it should be less than double barcode size.

If you don't know the barcode region, we recommend to use the processImage method with the barcodeRecognition profile.

You can read the details here.

Close