Recognition of Handprinted Text Android App Demo

• 2.3K Views
  • Last Post 28 May 2014
Shantaviae posted this 28 May 2014

I have implemented the demo provided and it recognized the given sample images. The issue is that when I input an image attacted I do not get any results. I've edited the ProcessingSettings.java class to include the handprinted text type input field.

//Set text types
public enum TextType {
    handprinted, normal, typewritter, index, matrix, ocrA, orcB, e13b, cmc7, gothic
}
public void setTextType(TextType type) {
    textType = type;
}

public TextType getTextType() {
    return textType;
}

private TextType textType = TextType.handprinted;

I then added processingSettings.setTextType(TextType.handprinted); to AsyncProcessTask.java which did not help resolve the issue. Do you have any other suggestions that will help in recognizing such handprinted text in the attached image? I am developing an application in which the users should be able to draw a Chinese character and I need this tool to recognize those characters. If I need to change the image type that I input into OCR SDK, please let me know how I should go about that to get the optimal results.

Anastasia Galimova posted this 28 May 2014

Unfortunately, our technologies are not able to recognize Chinese handprinted text. All languages that could be used for ICR are marked in the corresponding column of this table: http://ocrsdk.com/documentation/specifications/recognition-languages/

Close