abbyy OCR native Engine for MICR reader

• 2.4K Views
  • Last Post 31 July 2014
Antony Nirmal Raj posted this 18 June 2014

Hi,

I am trying to use abbyy ocr native sdk for android project, my requirement is to read the micr of a check and display it in text field. i had tried out to create Micr.rom & given the UserRecognitionLanguage as MICR(1024). it is not working, please guide us with a sample code to read the MICR.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Julia Anikushina posted this 18 June 2014

You can find a detailed instruction for recognition in the MICR mode in the Help file → Programmer’s Guide → How To…? → How to...? → Recognize in MICR Mode.

In case you have any additional questions please send the detailed description of the issue to SDK_Support@abbyy.com.

cbekar posted this 23 July 2014

Dear Julia,

I have failed to find the instructions for the "recognize in MICR mode" paragraph. Could you please give us a link?

Thanks, Can

Julia Anikushina posted this 23 July 2014

Dear Can,

"Recognize in MICR Mode" paragraph which I mentioned in my previous message is a part of Mobile OCR Engine help file.

Could you please specify a product you use?

cbekar posted this 31 July 2014

I am using FREngine 10,11 and FCEngine 10.

BTW I have created another MICR related question here: http://forum.ocrsdk.com/questions/2559/micr-ocr-quality

SDK_support posted this 31 July 2014

In this case you need to specify special text type TT_MICR_CMC7 or TT_MICR_E13B. Please find more details in Help → API Reference → Enumerations → TextTypeEnum

cbekar posted this 31 July 2014

Thanks, adding the following line to my program solved it.

For clarification, adding MICR_E13B language to recognized languages is not sufficient for recognizing it, you have to manually add the TextType to RecognizerParams.

ppp.RecognizerParams.TextTypes = (int)TextTypeEnum.TT_Normal | (int)TextTypeEnum.TT_MICR_E13B;

Close