We encourage you to use UserVoice for feature request submission and voting for them. It will help us to prioritize feaure request better way (there is always long list of things you know you should do, but you have to prioritize anyway).
Few suggestions according your requests
1) We are struggling hard to make sure service has near to 100% uptime, but this is the cloud world, and outages happens even for long time established players like Google and SalesForce. Hoewever, it is easy to check if service is up - if it responds to requests then it is up. But what you are trying to solve is to check if queue is short enogh - that is different story. We are not going to provide public access to overal system queue length, since it is a security hole. We are taking different approach. What we are implementing is priorities management, so even if queue is filled by tasks from one customers, others are not affected. It is partially implemented, but not perfect yet. This is still high priority task for us, and you will be able to see improvements quite soon.
2) There is special parameter in response format specifically for that purpose - estimatedProcessingTime. Currently it is more like a placeholder, but making it real it is not very far in our roadmap.
3) I can imagne different scenarios.
- All customers use same account on OCRSDK.com. In this case it looks more like a security breach if customers are allowed to see how much pages is still on common account. In this case it is developer who should be responsible for checking account. Typically it will be enough to watch for service notifications to your e-mail.
- Every customer creates his own account on OCRSDK.com. In this case they will enter their own e-mails and will be able to check balance online and will receive service notifications if balance is running low.
- You want to charge your customers yourself directly and let them have separate counters. We are developig special mode for that - using "serial numbers". You still have one account, but you can generate multiple serial numbers each with it's own page counter. Yes, in this case there will be special API to check amount of pages on the SN counter, since customers won't have access to your account directly. This functionality is in early beta, and if you are interested - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org