OCR scan a technical drawing

• 2.1K Views
  • Last Post 19 January 2015
Koen de Haan posted this 13 January 2015

Hello,

I need to have all the numbers on my drawing selectable, because I need to link the numbers on the drawing to the numbers in the text below the drawing. My plan was to OCR scan the numbers and I got acces to ABBYY FineReader 12. ABBYY FineReader 12 recognizes the text good, but he see the drawing just as a drawing and don't look further on the drawing for the numbers. So my question is; "Is there any possibility to configurate the scanner that he recognizes the numbers on the drawing?" I hope someone have faced the same problem and have a solution for me. You can find the drawing at the attached files. Thank you all in advance!

With kind regards,

Koen de Haan

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Koen de Haan posted this 13 January 2015

link text

Here is a link to a file witch has to be recognized. If you scroll down to page 14 you see a drawing and some text underneeth it. I need the numbers of the parts on the drawing to be scanned.

Julia Anikushina posted this 19 January 2015

Do I understand correctly that the product you are using is ABBYY FineReader 12?

Koen de Haan posted this 19 January 2015

Yes I use ABBYY FineReader 12, I'll change that inmediatly

Julia Anikushina posted this 19 January 2015

This forum is devoted to support of SDK products. Please send the description of your issue to http://onlinesupport.abbyy.com/ and our support staff will be happy to help.

Koen de Haan posted this 19 January 2015

Thanks! I've sended the issue to them!

Close