Basic workflow

• Last Post 14 July 2015
hoekman53 posted this 09 July 2015

Who has a basic workflow for Abbyy Engine 11 SDK (C++ / C# enz) that I can use to finetune my own workflow.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Oksana Serdyuk posted this 10 July 2015

Unfortunately, I do not understand your question clearly. Could you please paraphrase it?

ABBYY FineReader Engine is a SDK that gives developers, integrators and BPOs the tools they require to integrate optical text recognition technologies into their applications. It is not an end product. FREngine lets you to create your own application for your certain usage scenario. Please see our Developer's Help file and our standard code samples (Start > Programs > ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 > Code Samples Library) for your information.

hoekman53 posted this 10 July 2015

I hoped that someone build it already. Scan - preprocessing (split / deskew / despecle black and white dots - binarization / OCR - character recognization and output Alto-xml. Now I have to pay a 1500 euro's or more to let a programmer do it for me. And I thought that someone already has the wheel so that I only had to let it finetuned by a programmer, because that is not my feeld of expertise.

Oksana Serdyuk posted this 13 July 2015

Then our standard samples and Demo tools should help you. Please see the description of these samples in the Developers' Help > Guided Tour > Samples. For example, the Scanning C# sample provides a simple implementation of a "scanning computer", and the Image Preprocessing demo tool includes a set of image preprocessing tools and allows you to watch how this or that tool influences recognition quality.

hoekman53 posted this 14 July 2015

Oksana thanks, but I can't find the Dev help etc. But why don't we share the workflow and has everybody to make a workflow from scratch. Why does nowone share his/her work so that I can put it in my C++ Studio 2010/13 and scan with my Bookeye 4 prof. with some adjustments? And there must be someone who uses a C++ script to deskew / despecle / binarize / ocr etc. If I had it I gave it to you.

Oksana Serdyuk posted this 15 July 2015

After you install the program, the Developer's Help file is available in <Installation folder>\ABBYY SDK\11\FineReader Engine\Help and our standard samples including C++ samples can be found here:

• %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\ABBYY\SDK\11\FineReader Engine\Samples — for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003;

• %ProgramData%\ABBYY\SDK\11\FineReader Engine\Samples — for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012.

• Liked by
  • hoekman53
Close