What would be the best combination for processing parameters that needs to be send for obtaining accurate result from the picture of an event ticket? Currently i am using the following parameters Language = English exportFormat = txt and what would be the optimum resolution for an image sent does it need to grey scaled before sending?
Best Combination of processing parameter iOS SDK
- 669 Views
- Last Post 30 September 2015
First, please try the textExtraction profile for your images. This profile is suitable for extracting all text from the input image.
Also we recommend you to take photo only of the area of interest without other objects and colored background. Please see our tips for taking photo:
- Make sure that the page fits entirely within the frame on the screen while taking a picture. It is very important the image contain only the text the customer wants to recognize, other objects and colored background can lower the recognition quality.
- Make sure there is enough light (preferably daylight). In artificial lighting, use two light sources positioned so as to avoid shadows. Turn off the flash to avoid glare.
- Position the lens parallel to the plane of the document and point it toward the center of the text. At full optical zoom, the distance between the camera and the document must be sufficient to fit the entire document into the frame. Usually for such kind of images this distance will be about 30-40 cm.
- The text on the resulting photo should not be skewed by more than 20 degrees.
Please also refer to the Best Practices section where you can find more recommendations on how to achieve the best recognition results.
As for your image we have cropped it and corrected the geometrical distortion:
Then we have processed this new image using the processImage method with the textExtraction profile and got the following result:
The main data is extracted rather accurately and if you manage to improve the quality of your source images, you can expect to get even better recognition results.
1267 questions, 4166 answers.