Getting image orientaiton in BCR

• Last Post 29 March 2016
jackZap posted this 03 March 2016

Does processBusinessCard output support image rotation as here? If not, would you support it?

Thanks

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Oksana Serdyuk posted this 24 March 2016

Recently ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK team has improved the BCR technology regarding your feature request. The imageRotation attribute for the businessCard element was added to the XML export format. This attribute specifies rotation that was performed upon the input image, namely:

• noRotation - this value denotes no rotation,
  • clockwise - rotation 90 degrees clockwise,
  • counterclockwise - rotation 90 degrees counterclockwise or 270 degrees clockwise,
  • upsideDown - rotation upside down, or 180 degrees.

ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK documentation will be updated accordingly.

• Liked by
  • jackZap
jackZap posted this 25 March 2016

Hi, I just tried a few business card image rotated. I didn't get the new field "imageRotation".

Has the feature started to work online? I thought there will be one new filed on output xml. <field type="imageRotation">

<businesscard> <field type="Phone"> <value>783-37-00</value> </field> <field type="Fax"> <value>783-26-63</value> </field> </businesscard>

Oksana Serdyuk posted this 25 March 2016

It's strange, because the neccessary changes were published two days ago. Possibly the issue connected with some cache. Moreover when I process a business card sample on my side, the XML output contains the 'imageRotation' attribute with correct values:

<businesscard imagerotation="noRotation"> <field type="Phone"> <value>510-226-6717 x 107</value> ...

Please note that 'imageRotation' is not a separate field, it is a new attribute for the 'businessCard' element.

jackZap posted this 29 March 2016

Thank you. I have confirmed that the XML output includes <businesscard imagerotation="XXX">

Close