recognising Hong Kong traditional chinese characters

• Last Post 06 May 2016
superkev posted this 05 May 2016

Hi, some background info: The people in Hong Kong use Traditional Chinese, and over time has developed some extra words which are not commonly used in other traditonal chinese regions. The government published a "Hong Kong Supplementary Character Set (HKSCS)", which is a set of 5009 characters, and made it into ISO 10646:2001 standard, which is also equivalent to Unicode 6.0

I fired up FineReader 12, and has it scan through the words, and it managed to recognize about half of the 5000 words, so my question is, is there any way I can manually add the other half into FineReader? I cannot do it via user dictionary, which does not work with chinese, right? Can I make it to work in the SDK?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Oksana Serdyuk posted this 06 May 2016

Please sorry for my first reply, it was hasty.

I have consulted with my colleagues who are responsible for FineReader support and they have confirmed that there is no possibility to add words to the user dictionary for the Chinese language in ABBYY FineReader 12. They will discuss with our analyst whether we plan to implement it in future versions, and they will write to you additionally by email.

As for ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 (our offline SDK), then beginning from the 11 version the user dictionaries can be created for any language, including Chinese, Japanese and Korean. If you are interested to try it, please fill the following form at our site.

superkev posted this 06 May 2016

Thanks for your help! I have just sent in the request form ....

Close