Font detection in abbyy in Cloud ocr SDK

• Last Post 06 October 2016
amit posted this 26 September 2016

is it possible to dectect Font name, size , weight and etc'?

how do I know if the font is bold/Italic or normal

if not, when it is going to added there

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Oksana Serdyuk posted this 26 September 2016

Hi, please see this post: How to detect Bold/Italic characters in abbyy ocr cloud service ?

In order to discuss with our analysts any possibility of the XML export expansion, I need to know more about your usage scenario. What exactly information about fonts do you need to get? How are you going to use it?

amit posted this 26 September 2016

I saw this post and it's almost a year old post that says that you don't support xmlWriteCharFormatting

I also voted for this feature but it seems strange that the FineReader already has this feature and you're just blocking it in the Cloud.

I'm scanning a restaurant menu and I need to able to distinguish between a dish name and it's full description Usually Dish name will be in Bold characters So I need this information in the XML export Is it all the information you need?

amit posted this 27 September 2016

I also noticed that in your Demo you're able to distinguish if font is Bold or Italic or normal and reconstruct the text with the original style.

how is it possible?

Oksana Serdyuk posted this 06 October 2016

At the moment I am consulting with our analysts regarding your feature request.

As for the Demo tool, the displayed result corresponds to the result in the PDF export format. The font type information is detected during the synthesis stage, and it is available for most of the supported export formats: for all office formats and PDF.

Close