Add a new recognition language to the existing language pack

• Last Post 09 January 2017
bumbutudor10 posted this 09 January 2017

Hello ABBYY,

I have created a new User Language[Old Romanian], trained a set of patterns and added dictionary for this language under ABBYY FineReader Professional 12 ESD. I would like to know if it is possible to add this language to the existing language pack and work with it.

Thank you!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Oksana Serdyuk posted this 09 January 2017

Happy New Year!

Your question is related to ABBYY desktop product, and this forum is for the developers using our SDK. I have direct your request to my colleagues who are responsible for ABBYY FineReader support. They will contact you very soon.

bumbutudor10 posted this 09 January 2017

Thank you!

Using desktop product it works fine, but i want to use your SDK to make a
new WEB App. In the created Application i want to integrate a new recognition language which your language pack doesn't contain. Is it possible to train a new language or upload to Cloud existing one trained under desktop version of FineReader?

Oksana Serdyuk posted this 09 January 2017

Thank you for clarification.

ABBYY Cloud OCR SDK does not support the pattern training option and adding of user patterns saved in ABBYY FineReader. However, for your scenario you can use another our SDK, offline solution - ABBYY FineReader Engine. To get a trial version of ABBYY FineReader Engine 11, please fill in the form or contact your region sales manager.

Close