Re-processing same pdf and is deducting from my available pages

• Last Post 30 January 2017
cuongphu posted this 28 January 2017

In my application, I am re-processing the same pdf and each time it is deducting from my available pages. I am passing a URL linking to a pdf file and converting it into a Stream to start the process versus passing a physical file location like the sample code did. Am I missing something in my code? How exactly does it know it's already been re-processed?

Oksana Serdyuk posted this 30 January 2017

ABBYY OCR service provides free re-recognition of the image: full page recognition of any image recognized once will be performed for free while your account is not empty. However, note that we have the limitation on the number of repeated recognitions per account per day (at the moment it is allowed to re-process up to 100 images per day for free). Also please pay your attention to the fact that if you delete the recognized image (using the deleteTask method) or if it is being deleted automatically*, next recognition of this image will be charged as a new one.

(*) Service will schedule any uploaded image for deletion once any of the following conditions is met:

• 42 hours after an image has been uploaded to the Service;
  • 24 hours after an image has been processed by the Service.

You can also find more detailed information in the Service Billing Terms.

Close