Abnormal skew bug

• 15K Views
  • Last Post 18 March 2013
Vitalie posted this 10 March 2013

Hello, I use ABBYY OCR SDK with profile: "textExtraction", language: "english" and output format: "pdfSearchable". After I submit invoice (see attached screenshot) I have the abnormal skew... The original document is very straight, so I was very-very surprized!

The quality of original document is higher than attached screenshot. If you want I can email original invoice to you by mail. I have two invoice with this bug - it prevents me from data extraction... Please help me.

Thank you very much, Vitalie

alt text

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Andrey Isaev
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Andrey Isaev posted this 11 March 2013

Is this your original image or one from PDF output?

Vitalie posted this 11 March 2013

Hi, Andrey, this is a PDF output - the original image is very straight, I can email to you it. Update: I sent email containing invoices for your attention to cloudocrsdk@abbyy.com

Anastasia Galimova posted this 12 March 2013

Thank you for the images! The issue should be fixed in the future. As a workaround in current version we recommend to specify the image source (scanner).

You can use the following request URL:

http://cloud.ocrsdk.com/processImage?language=English&profile=textExtraction&exportformat=pdfSearchable&imagesource=scanner

• Liked by
  • Andrey Isaev
Vitalie posted this 12 March 2013

Thank you very much, Anastasia! I will try the "scanner" parameter.

Anastasia Galimova posted this 13 March 2013

You are always welcome! I'm pleasured to announce that the abnormal skew of these images will not occur with the default settings also after technologies upgrade (in about two months).

Vitalie posted this 18 March 2013

Very good news! Many Thanks!

Close