Output image compression (JBIG2 issue)

• 1.7K Views
  • Last Post 18 February 2014
Josef Standplass posted this 29 April 2013

We are using pdf files as an input and "pdfSearchable" as an output format. Is it possible to control image compression in the output PDF file? Now we get images recompressed into JBIG2, and they visually look worse than original ones. Another point is that some libraries, we use for further processing (pdflib, pdfbox), doesn't have a support for JBIG2. Does any parameter exist to keep the original image unchanged?

• Liked by
  • Dmitry Me
  • Vitalie
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Anastasia Galimova posted this 07 May 2013

Dear Josef, thank you for your question! Now this feature is available in offline SDK only. We will consult with our analyst if it could be added to Cloud OCR SDK and will inform you as soon as we will have additional information.

Anastasia Galimova posted this 21 May 2013

Could you please clarify, do I understand correctly that to save original images in a good jpeg quality is suitable for your task (you do not need to save it absolutely unchanged without any recompression)?

Josef Standplass posted this 10 October 2013

yes, it's suitable for our purposes

Anastasia Galimova posted this 29 October 2013

PDF export parameters will be extended, but not in the nearest months (after the technologies update only). If you have any more suggestions about how to improve PDF export API, please let us know.

Getlink posted this 18 February 2014

thank you for telling us that JBIG 2 has added to Cloud OCR SDK. this is what i am looking forward. can you tell me if this jbig2 compression scheme is compatible with OCR SDK?

Anastasia Galimova posted this 18 February 2014

We recommend to test it on your side.

Close