GetTextBackGroundColor outputs wrong colors?

• Last Post 01 June 2016
  • Topic Is Solved
Florian posted this 27 May 2016

Hey, I am working with tables and I am using the mentioned method to check for the TextColor. I use the FromArgb method of the Color-object to convert the value into a Color object.

int textColor;  
int backColor;  
image.GetTextBackgroundColor(tableCell.Left, tableCell.Top, tableCell.Right, tableCell.Bottom, 0, out textColor, out backColor);  
Color tc = Color.FromArgb(textColor);  
Color bc = Color.FromArgb(backColor);

When I check the RGB values of tc, I get the values 70,70,115 for (slightly) red text color. The values indicate a blue color. For blue text it is the other way around.
In case I made a mistake in the way I output the color... here is my output.

Console.WriteLine(String.Format("Cell{0} contains text color: ({1},{2},{3}) background: ({4},{5},{6})", i, tc.R, tc.G, tc.B, bc.R, bc.G, bc.B));

There is no problem in fixing this but I was wondering if you calculate the int for the color differently than the standard AARRGGBB.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Anna Savinova posted this 30 May 2016

This situation, not #AARRGGBB, but #RRGGBB model is used. Here is the Help quote: "The int value is calculated from the RGB triplet using the formula: (red value) + (256 x green value) + (65536 x blue value), where red value is the first triplet component, green value is the second triplet component, blue value is the third triplet component."

• Liked by
  • Florian
Florian posted this 01 June 2016

As far as I am concerned, the formula indicates a #BBGGRR model. However, thank you for clarifying how the value is calculated.

Close
We changed our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy effective May 25, 2018. Click on the links to find out more.