05 October 2017
To gather engine logs, you should use StartLogging method of Engine object. Please note, that you should not call StopLogging method. Otherwise log might be incomplete. To find out more about this method, please see Help → API Reference → Engine Object (IEngine Interface) → Supplementary Methods.
In general there are many possible reasons that can cause such behavior. We would recommend to note these sections, as it might help you to solve this issue:
• The System Requirements section, which can be found in Help → Specifications → System Requirements.
• The Engine Loaders section. Unloading engine properly is very important. This section is located in Help → API Reference → Engine Loaders.
• Error Handling section. Although it does not contain the Java-specific tips, some of the mentioned methods can be implemented in your case. You can find it in Help → Guided Tour → Advanced Techniques → Programming Aspects → Error Handling.
In case your problem persists, please send us the following:
1. Your license number.
2. Minimal project that reproduces your issue and the instructions of how to launch such project.
3. Example images.
4. Gathered Engine logs.
5. Full content of /var/lib/ABBYY/SDK/11/Licenses folder.
Please send this information to SDK_Support@abbyy.com.