Table detection

• Last Post 14 August 2018
gaur2010 posted this 11 July 2018

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue where we are not able to retain the table borders when a scanned pdf is converted to the searchable pdf. 

We have a document containing both paragraphs and tables. After conversion using the “DocumentConversion_Accuracy” profile when exported the document to docx/xlsx format the table is retained with borders, although when we export the converted document to pdf we are losing the borders. 

Can you please suggest what is the workaround here.  

IPDFExportParams pdfParams = this.engine.CreatePDFExportParams();
pdfParams.setScenario(PDFExportScenarioEnum.PES_Balanced);
document.Export(resTemp.getPath(), FileExportFormatEnum.FEF_PDF, pdfParams);
return resTemp

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Antonina Nikolaeva posted this 27 July 2018

If we understood your issue correctly, you need to get the table as a table, not just as text when you copy it from the recognized PDF. The recognized text should be exported to a tagged PDF for this. To do it, the value of the WriteTaggedPDFMode property of the PDFExportFeatures object should be WTM_Write. This property can be set either through a custom profile that should be loaded with the LoadProfile method, or directly in your code. The profile settings look like this:

[PDFExportFeatures]
WriteTaggedPDFMode = WTM_Write

Please see the Developer’s Help article Help→ API Reference→ Parameter Objects→ Export parameters→ PDFExportFeatures Object  for details.

If we understood the issue incorrectly, please describe your usage scenario in more details.

gaur2010 posted this 30 July 2018

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find WriteTaggedPDFMode  instead of this  I found WriteTaggedPDF. taking ThreeStatePropertyValueEnum as param. Please let me know if they are same?

IPDFExportParams pdfParams = engine.CreatePDFExportParams();
pdfParams.setScenario(PDFExportScenarioEnum.PES_Balanced);
IPDFExportFeatures ipdfExportFeatures = pdfParams.getPDFFeatures();
ipdfExportFeatures.getWriteTaggedPDF(ThreeStatePropertyValueEnum)

Antonina Nikolaeva posted this 14 August 2018

Yes, it's true. In earlier versions of FineReader Engine (up to the 10.5 inclusive), the WriteTaggedPDF property of the PDFExportParams object was used to export to a tagged PDF.

Close